I earn a commission for some links on this blog. Citi is a MileValue partner.
If you don’t have the American Express Platinum Card and want to get one with the first year annual fee waived, apply here for a special offer for Ameriprise clients. Normally the first year annual fee is $450 and is not waived, so this can be a huge value.
Reports are that the application works regardless of having an account open with Ameriprise, but apply at your own risk.
The AMEX Platinum has these benefits:
- Priority Pass Lounge Access
- Lounge access to American Airlines, Delta Airlines, and US Airways clubs
- $200 Airline Fee Credit (or gift card credit) Per Calendar Year ($400 in your first year of cardmembership)
- $100 Global Entry Credit
- Concierge Access
- Automatic Starwood Gold Status (Doesn’t even have to be your account, you can gift to ANYONE)
- See here for the full rundown of benefits and how to activate them.
If you’ve wanted those benefits, but were leery of the $450 fee, this offer may be for you. But you may also want to consider the Mercedes-Benz Platinum Card.
The Mercedes-Benz version is open to all and has all the same benefits listed above. But it also comes with 50,000 Membership Rewards after spending $1,000 within three months. The Mercedes-Benz version has a $475 annual fee that is not waived, so choosing it is like “buying” 50k Membership Rewards for $475, a choice I’d make every time.