The cat is out of the bag. Expect this deal to end any moment now because it’s likely a mistake:
US Airways is not collecting fuel surcharges on British Airways award flights like British Airways’ other main partners do.
This is huge news because:
- British Airways flies to more American cities than any other foreign airlines.
- British Airways has the best route network throughout Europe and Africa.
- British Airways has gold mine availability on a lot of routes in economy.
- British Airways has a fantastic Club World (business class product) I’ve flown three times.
- British Airways looks to have a fantastic First Class product I haven’t yet had the pleasure to fly.
I expect this deal could die within hours or days or weeks because I do think this is a mistake. I am only sharing it because two other major blogs covered it today, and if they’re killing it, I want MileValue readers to have a shot at it first.
- How much are US Airways awards that include British Airways flights?
- How do you search for British Airways award space?
- How do you book it with US Airways miles?