Update at 2:02 PM ET: The 40k and 32k packages were all taken within seconds. I snagged two 36k packages. How did you do?
Today is the third day of five weeks of discounted travel packages sponsored by the US Travel Association and American Express called Daily Getaways. Every weekday at 1 PM ET, a discounted travel package or packages will go on sale and will usually sell out in a few minutes. Some of the offers will be awesome; some will be duds.
Today’s Daily Getaways deal is to buy Choice Priveleges points for as little as 0.37 cents each. I expect this deal to sell out right away because it is the best hotel points deal of Daily Getaways.
The best use for Choice Privileges points is to redeem them for hotel stays in Europe on a very cheap award chart. They can also be converted to most major mileage currencies at a 5:1 ratio (1.85 cents per mile at these prices.)
This is nearly an exact repeat of a deal from last year’s Daily Getaways, and that was the deal that I personally got the best value from in 2013.
- How can you get in on the deal?
- At what hotels can Choice Privileges points be used?
- What are the high value uses of Choice Privileges points?
- Are transfers of Choice Privileges points to airlines a good deal?
- How did I save 88% on a hotel stay by participating in this deal last year?