I earn a commission for some links on this blog. Citi is a MileValue partner.
Frontier is having a one-day sale today with fares that start at $19 one way!
The sale is valid for bookings made by 11:59 PM ET on April 7 for domestic, nonstop travel on certain dates until May 13. The exact dates on sale vary by city pair.
Here is the sale page and restrictions. Here are cities with at least one route on sale for $19 to $49 one way:
- New Orleans
- Minneapolis/St. Paul
- Salt Lake City
- Las Vegas
- Dallas/Ft. Worth
- Chicago O’Hare
- Los Angeles
- Santa Ana
- New York LaGuardia
For each city, certain discounted destinations and dates are listed. For instance, some of the Atlanta sale destinations look like this:
I had no trouble pricing out Atlanta to New Orleans for $38 roundtrip, and interestingly far more dates were on sale for $19 one way than were listed on the sale page.
Frontier now follows the ultra-low-cost, fee-for-everything model.
Seat selection costs $4+. They’ll assign you a seat at check in for free if you don’t pay for a seat selection, but you’ll probably get the worst one.
Only a personal item is free to bring on board. Members of the Frontier Discount Den get a $5 discount on baggage fees, so checked bags cost $15 and carry ons cost $25, so sign up for free here. Because of the fee on all baggage greater than the size of a personal item, I would think of these fares as costing $15 more each way and plan on checking a bag.
Even with the bag fee, you can get a roundtrip with a checked bag for $68 all in.
Getting These Flights for Free
There’s no need to pay cash for cheap, cash fares. You can redeem ThankYou Points at a rate of 1.25 cents each to purchase any airline ticket. That means a $19 fare would be 1,520 ThankYou Points and $0.
The Citi ThankYou® Premier Card is now offering a 50,000 point sign up bonus worth $625 in free flights on any flight, any time, on almost any airline with no blackout dates.
- Earn up to 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points. Bonus points are redeemable for up to $500 in gift cards, up to $625 for airfare or other great rewards
- Earn 20,000 points after $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn an additional 30,000 points after another $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of your second year of being a cardmember
- 3x and 2x category bonuses for travel, dining, and entertainment
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first twelve months, $95 thereafter
- Points also transfer to 11 airlines and one hotel if you prefer to use them as miles instead of fixed-value points