Hawaiian Airlines will install fully flat beds in First Class on its A330s in 2016 and 2017. This is fantastic news for people who want to get to Hawaii in style with miles.
— Brett Snyder (@crankyflier) October 19, 2015
The A330 currently features First Class in a 2-2-2 configuration of recliners with 8″ more legroom than domestic First Class on United, Delta, and American. It will soon feature 6’4″ beds in a 2-2-2 configuration. Here’s a shot looking down on one of the new seat/beds.
No announcements about putting beds on Hawaiian’s other longhaul plane, the 767, have been made. To see whether a 767 or A330 currently operates on the route that interests you, look at its seat map. 2-4-2 in economy is the A330; 2-3-2 in economy is the 767.
When the new First Class beds appear, let’s hope that Hawaiian releases Saver award space in First Class. That space costs:
- 40,000 Hawaiian miles between the mainland and Hawaii each way
- 47,500 Hawaiian miles between Samoa or Tahiti and Hawaii each way
- 65,000 Hawaiian miles between Australia, New Zealand, or Asia and Hawaii each way
- American Airlines miles can NOT book Hawaiian Airlines flights between the mainland and Hawaii
- 50,000 American Airlines miles between Japan or Korea and Hawaii each way
- 55,000 American Airlines miles between China and Hawaii each way
- 62,500 American Airlines miles between Australia or New Zealand and Hawaii each way
- 60,000 Korean miles between the mainland and Hawaii roundtrip
- 90,000 Korean miles between Samoa or Tahiti and Hawaii roundtrip
- 140,000 Korean miles between Australia, New Zealand, or Asia and Hawaii roundtrip
Delta and United currently fly fully flat beds between the United States mainland and Hawaii. The Delta flights should be booked with Korean miles for 45,000 miles roundtrip, and the United flights should be booked with Singapore miles for 30,000 miles one way. Here is a list of the cheapest ways to get to Hawaii.------------------------------------------------------------
Editorial Disclaimer: The editorial content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the credit card issuers, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuers.
The Citi ThankYou® Premier Card comes with 50,000 bonus ThankYou Points after $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening, 3x points on travel and gas, and 2x points on dining out and entertainment. Here's why I love ThankYou Points!