I earn a commission for some links on this blog. Citi is a MileValue partner.
Monday begins the third week of five weeks of discounted travel packages from the US Travel Association called Daily Getaways. Every weekday at 1 PM ET, a discounted travel package or packages will go on sale and will often sell out in a few minutes. Every weekend I’ll preview the deals for the next week, and the morning of interesting deals, I’ll have a full write up.
Here’s that overview of the third week of deals that start Monday. I see value on a few days, though I only plan to purchase Friday.
Monday April 6: $30 for a one-day rental or $1,115 for Avis Chairman’s Club Membership
The $30 one-day Premium rental is “valid at any participating Avis location in the U.S. (excluding the New York Metro area), Canada, Puerto Rico, and the U.S. Virgin Islands.” For more expensive rental locations, this is a good deal, but I don’t have any upcoming rentals that I haven’t already booked, so I will sit this one out.
You can use up to seven one-day rental certificates on a single rental, and rental certificates like this are extra awesome because they mean that you don’t have to pay percentage taxes on your car rental, though you do have to pay flat fee taxes like “facility charges.”
The $1,115 for Avis Chairman’s Club sounds absurd. This is what it is:
- Through April 30, 2016, enjoy streamlined travel and personalized service from the airport to your car and back with Meet-and-Greet service and Personal Return Valet service. An Avis representative will meet you and escort you directly to your waiting car and, on your return, he or she will take you right to your departure terminal.
- Making an unexpected trip? Don’t worry, Avis will always have a car for you, even if you don’t have a reservation. Avis provides exclusive service to Chairman’s Club members, including guaranteed car availability and complimentary upgrades (subject to availability) to the best car available when you reserve an intermediate-level car or higher.
- We’ll even deliver a car anywhere within 25 miles of participating Avis locations. It’s one of the most seamless and exclusive car rental experience available – and it’s only for Avis Chairman’s Club members. Thanks to a dedicated Avis Chairman’s Club desk and first-rate vehicles, you can always enjoy the ride with Chairman’s Club.
- Membership benefits available at participating locations in the U.S. and Canada.
But if you use Avis enough to get use out of this, you should already have this status. This is my general theory on status, which is why I don’t buy it outright or through mileage runs.
Purchase Link: One-day car rental only $30
Purchase Link: 1 Avis® Chairman’s Club Membership: $1,115
Tuesday April 7: One- and Two-Night Stays at Omni Hotels & Resorts
Purchase these packages for one- and two-night stays at Omni Hotels & Resorts. You can only buy one of each package, so there’s no way to stay longer than two consecutive nights with this deal. Each package has a short list of properties at which you can redeem your stay for a Friday or Saturday check in by December 30.
Purchase Link: One Night for $238. For stays at:
– Omni Berkshire Place, New York, NY
– Omni Nashville Hotel, Nashville, TN
– Omni Amelia Island Plantation Resort, Amelia Island, FL
– Omni Barton Creek Resort & Spa, Austin, TX
– Omni Bedford Springs Resort, Bedford, PA
– The Omni Grove Park Inn, Asheville, NC
– The Omni Homestead Resort, Hot Springs, VA
– Omni La Costa Resort & Spa, Carlsbad, CA
– Omni Rancho Las Palmas Resort & Spa, Rancho Mirage, CA
– Omni Scottsdale Resort & Spa at Montelucia, Scottsdale, AZ
– Omni Tucson National Resort, Tucson, AZ
Purchase Link: Two Nights for $338. For stays at:
– Omni Chicago Hotel, Chicago, IL
– Omni San Francisco Hotel, San Francisco, CA
– Omni La Mansion del Rio, San Antonio, TX
– Omni Shoreham Hotel, Washington, DC
– Omni San Diego Hotel, San Diego, CA
– Omni Parker House, Boston, MA
– Omni Los Angeles Hotel at California Plaza, Los Angeles, CA
– Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate, ChampionsGate, FL
– Omni Mount Washington Resort, Bretton Woods, NH
– Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort, Hilton Head, SC
Purchase Link: Two Nights for $245. For stays at:
– Omni Royal Crescent Hotel, New Orleans, LA
– Omni Atlanta Hotel at CNN Center, Atlanta, GA
– Omni Interlocken Hotel, Denver/Broomfield, CO
– Omni Mandalay Hotel at Las Colinas, Irving/Dallas, TX
– Omni Dallas Hotel, Dallas, TX
– Omni Fort Worth Hotel, Fort Worth, TX
– Omni Houston Hotel, Houston, TX
– Omni Austin Hotel Downtown, Austin, TX
– Omni William Penn Hotel, Pittsburgh, PA
– Omni Providence Hotel, Providence, RI
– Omni Richmond Hotel, Richmond, VA
Purchase Link: Two Nights for $162. For stays at:
– Omni Austin Hotel at Southpark, Austin, TX
– Omni Majestic Hotel, St. Louis, MO
– Omni Charlotte Hotel, Charlotte, NC
– Omni Charlottesville Hotel, Charlottesville, VA
– Omni Houston Hotel at Westside, Houston, TX
– Omni New Haven Hotel at Yale, New Haven, CT
– Omni Jacksonville Hotel, Jacksonville, FL
– Omni Severin Hotel, Indianapolis, IN
– Omni Dallas Hotel at Park West, Dallas, TX
– Omni Corpus Christi Hotel, Corpus Christi, TX
– Omni San Antonio Hotel at the Colonnade, San Antonio, TX
Unfortunately this deal says there are blackouts, but it doesn’t list them. See if the weekend you want is cheaper with these certificates. It probably is, but I’m sitting out this deal.
Wednesday April 7: Stays at Loews Properties
There are extremely expensive suites and more modestly priced stays that must be completed by June 30, 2016.
Purchase Link: Ocean View Suite at Loews Miami Beach: 2-Nights for $1000
Purchase Link: Ocean View Suite at Loews Santa Monica: 2-Nights for $950
Purchase Link: 2-Nights at a Four Diamond Loews Resort: $325. Included resorts:
Purchase Link: 2-Nights at a Luxury Loews Hotel: $275
– Loews Annapolis Hotel, Annapolis, MD
– Loews Atlanta Hotel, Atlanta, GA
– Loews Boston Back Bay Hotel, Boston, MA
– The New Loews Chicago Hotel, Chicago, IL
– Loews Chicago O’Hare Hotel, Rosemont, IL
– Loews Hollywood Hotel, Hollywood, CA
– Loews Madison Hotel, Washington, D.C.
– Loews Minneapolis Hotel, Minneapolis, MN
– Loews New Orleans Hotel, New Orleans, LA
– Loews Philadelphia Hotel, Philadelphia, PA
– Loews Regency Hotel, New York, NY
– Loews Santa Monica Hotel, Santa Monica, CA
– Loews Vanderbilt Hotel, Nashville, TN
– Loews Ventana Canyon, Tucson, AZ
– Loews Hotel Vogue, Montreal, Canada
Again there are unspecified blackout dates.
Thursday April 9: MGM Properties in Vegas Packages
These are expensive, ranging from $475 to $1,780. They include dinners, shows, massages, rooms, and more. These are cheap if you value all those things at retail value, but you can do Vegas a lot cheaper.
Friday April 10: Hyatt Points for 1.04 Cent Each
- 24,000 points for $260, 1.08 cents each
- 30,000 points for $330, 1.1 cents each
- 40,000 points for $415, 1.04 cents each
- 72,000 points for $775, 1.08 cents
You can buy one of each package, four total. Hyatt points can be used on this award chart.
At these prices, Category 1 Hyatts would go for $52 and Category 7 Hyatts, like the Andaz Maui, would go for $312.
This is about the highest price I would pay to speculatively buy Hyatt points. You can certainly get many properties for under their retail price by purchasing at these prices, but you’re not going to get super cheap hotels.
Bottom Line for Week 2
The star is Hyatt points for 1.04 cents each.
Some folks will see value from $30 car rentals on Monday, discounted Omni and Loews properties on Tuesday and Wednesday, or Vegas packages on Thursday.
This week doesn’t have any must-have deals, but for different travel styles, there are clear winners.
Look for a full post Friday from me by 9 AM ET about the Hyatt sale, and mark your calendar for any deal that piques your interest.