I earn a commission for some links on this blog. Citi is a MileValue partner.
Update July 1, 2014:
The current offer on the Premier Miles & More® World MasterCard® is 20,000 miles after first purchase and payment of $79 annual fee.
- Earn 20,000 award miles after your first purchase or balance transfer
- Earn up to 15,000 award miles with balance transfers (1 mile per $1 transferred) within 30 days of account opening
- Earn 2 award miles per $1 on ticket purchases directly from Miles & More integrated airline partners
- Earn 1 mile per $1 on all other purchases
- Annual Companion Ticket after first purchase
- No foreign transaction fees on purchases made outside the U.S.
- Redeem miles for flight awards and upgrades on Lufthansa, Austrian Airlines, Brussels Airlines, SWISS, Star Alliance airlines and other partners
- $79 Annual Fee, waived for SEN and HON Circle Members
The Premier Miles & More® World MasterCard® is now offering 50,000 bonus Lufthansa miles after spending $5k in the first three months.
This limited time offer makes the Premier Miles & More® World MasterCard® one of the best credit cards on the market with enough bonus miles for a roundtrip award to Europe.
Lufthansa charges only 50,000 miles roundtrip for an economy award between the United States and Europe (for Americans starting the roundtrip in America) according to its award chart.
This is a fantastic deal for year round award travel to Europe since most airlines charge 60,000 miles for the same trip.
The only problem is that Lufthansa collects fuel surcharges on award tickets.
The good news is that fuel surcharges on LOT Polish Airlines are very small, so you can fly from the United States to Europe roundtrip on LOT for the cost of opening one credit card, meeting its minimum spending requirement, and paying only $160 out of pocket!
- Where does LOT fly?
- How can you search its award space?
- How can you book LOT award space for 25k miles each way?
- How big are fuel surcharges on LOT?