Qantas is refurbishing its A330s with “fully flat beds in business class.” Right now the A330s serve the following routes.
- Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane to Perth
- Sydney/Melbourne/Brisbane to Singapore
- Melbourne/Brisbane to Hong Kong
I have medium hopes for the new beds, which will roll out starting in December 2014. The reason I am not more excited is that the picture accompanying the press release looks to me like an angled lie flat beds, not fully flat beds.
This jives with my experience in business class on the Qantas A380. I was expecting fully flat, but I got a small and uncomfortable angle.
Still these new beds can be great news for anyone flying between Hawaii and Australia, Asia and Australia, or within Australia.
- More info about the new beds
- Which miles to book the new beds
- The award space picture