Delta allows one open jaw per roundtrip award that you can use to see more cities on a single award and to unlock free one ways.
Delta allows an open jaw to straddle two regions, so that your outbound can go to Bangkok in Southeast Asia and your return can start from Sydney, Australia. However Delta requires that the distance of the unflown open jaw be less than the distance between the origin and the destination of both your outbound and your return.
While Delta miles consistently get a bad rap, using the methods outlined in this post can allow you to see multiple cities on multiple continents on a single, incredible Delta award.
- What is an open jaw?
- What are Delta’s open jaw rules?
- Where is the value on Delta’s award chart for open jaws?
- How do you book open jaws on Delta?
- How do you add a free stopover to your open jaw itinerary?
- What is the best way to travel between open jaw cities?