I got an error when I tried to transfer ThankYou Points to Air France Flying Blue miles. A Citi representative called me to let me know that my transfer would be cancelled, and I could re-initiate at my leisure.
The problem was that I had put my 10 digit Flying Blue number in when asked my Flying Blue number. My number is written with 10 digits at airfrance.us and on Award Wallet.
The Citi rep who called and left me a message told me that I should have entered a 12 digit Flying Blue number, in my case starting with 00.
How could I have known, I wondered? Good thing this points transfer was just 1,000 points to test out the process and report back to you all like I did with my transfer to Singapore KrisFlyer miles.
The rep further explained that my points transfer would be cancelled, and I’d get my points back. She said I’d need to re-initiate if I wanted to transfer 1,000 points to Flying Blue.
- How do you transfer from ThankYou Points to Flying Blue Miles?
- What number should you enter for your Flying Blue account number?
- Why would you want to do transfer to Flying Blue?
How to Transfer to Flying Blue
To transfer ThankYou points to Flying Blue miles, head to thankyou.com and sign in.
Next under “Do more,” click on “Learn more about Points Transfer” on the right side.
Hit TRANSFER NOW next to Flying Blue.
Select the number of points you want to transfer 1:1 to Flying Blue in increments of 1,000. Don’t forget to make your 10 digit Air France number 12 digits by adding a 00.
You will get confirmation on thankyou.com and a quick email confirmation.
Lots of reasons like 15,000 miles to Hawaii, 12,500 miles to Europe, and 25,000 miles to Israel. For more details on the Flying Blue program and its best values:
- Citi ThankYou Points Now Transfer to Flying Blue Miles
- Citi ThankYou Points Now Transferable to Nine Airlines (+ info on Singapore KrisFlyer best uses)
You can get over 50,000 ThankYou Points from the Citi ThankYou® Premier Rewards Card, which has a huge sign up bonus and big category bonuses.
- Earn up to 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points. Bonus points are redeemable for up to $500 in gift cards, up to $625 for airfare or other great rewards
- Earn 20,000 points after $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn an additional 30,000 points after another $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of your second year of being a cardmember
- Annual Fee: $125 (fee waived for the first 12 months). On 4/19/2015, this fee will be reduced to $95 on all accounts
- Points do not expire and earn unlimited Thank You Points
- Travel with ease and enjoy chip based technology
Application Link: Citi ThankYou® Premier Rewards Card
Editorial Disclaimer: The editorial content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the credit card issuers, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuers.
Earn 50,000 bonus points (worth $800 in American Airlines flights) after spending $3,000 in the first three months on the Citi Prestige® Card. Plus get a $250 Air Travel Credit each calendar year, free airport lounge access worldwide, and your fourth night free on hotel stays. Why I got the card.