I earn a commission for some links on this blog. Citi is a MileValue partner.
Frontier’s spring sale ends today. Fares start at $29 one way!
The sale is valid for bookings made by 11:59 PM ET on March 25 for domestic, nonstop travel on Tuesdays, Wednesdays, and Saturdays between April 14 and May 20.
Here is the sale page and restrictions. Here are the sale city pairs.
I had no trouble pricing out Washington to Chicago for $29.
Frontier now follows the ultra-low-cost, fee-for-everything model.
Seat selection costs $4+. They’ll assign you a seat at check in for free, but you’ll probably get the worst one.
Only a personal item is free to bring on board. Checked bags cost $20+ and carry ons cost $30+, so I would think of these fares as costing $20 more each way and plan on checking a bag.
Getting These Flights for Free
There’s no need to pay cash for cheap, cash fares. You can redeem ThankYou Points at a rate of 1.25 cents each to purchase any airline ticket. That means a $29 fare would be 2,320 ThankYou Points and $0.
The Citi ThankYou® Premier Card is now offering a 50,000 point sign up bonus worth $625 in free flights on any flight, any time, on almost any airline with no blackout dates.
- Earn up to 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points. Bonus points are redeemable for up to $500 in gift cards, up to $625 for airfare or other great rewards
- Earn 20,000 points after $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening
- Earn an additional 30,000 points after another $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of your second year of being a cardmember
- 3x and 2x category bonuses for travel, dining, and entertainment
- Annual Fee: $0 for the first twelve months, $95 thereafter
- Points also transfer to 11 airlines and one hotel if you prefer to use them as miles instead of fixed-value points