Update at 1:55 ET: These deals are not very popular it seems. None have sold out. You can still snag one if you’d like!
Today is the second day of the second week of five weeks of discounted travel packages sponsored by the US Travel Association and American Express called Daily Getaways.
Every weekday at 1 PM ET, a discounted travel package or packages will go on sale and will usually sell out in a few minutes. Some of the offers will be awesome; some will be duds.
Today’s deal is discounted hotel stays from various Omni Hotels and Resorts across the country.
How can you get in on the deal?
All Daily Getaways packages are discounted. And you get an additional 10% off each sale price by paying with an American Express, so that’s a no-brainer, and I’ll always quote prices after the American Express discount.
Prices range from $162 for a two night stay (checking in on Friday or Saturday) in various cities, including Austin, Charlottesville, and Jacksonville, to $337.50 for two nights at their Premier locations, such as their properties in San Francisco, Hilton Head, and Chicago. Quantities of the four available packages range from 10 to 49, so these deals will sell out in moments!
For the $238.50 Omni NY Berkshire package: “Within 5 business days following purchase, you’ll receive a certificate in the form of an e-mail with a unique promotion code to use when booking your stay. Certificate will be sent to the e-mail address provided at time of purchase. Please check your email settings to ensure the certificate does not go to junk mail. Certificate expires December 30, 2013.”
I priced out a random weekend in November at the San Francisco Omni. For a two person, two night stay at their property, they are charging $255/night. Daily Getaways is offering this for $337.50 for two nights — a 34% discount on the normal price.
Look at the property you’d want to stay at to determine if one of the packages is a good deal for your hotel on your dates, and make sure that you plan to stay by December 30, 2013 when the certificates expire.
Purchasing the Packages
To maximize your chances of getting in on the deal, I recommend using a site like whattimeisit.com to figure out the official time. This year’s sales have all started on time to the second. Keep refreshing for the best chance.
This is what happens if you try to purchase something where all quantities are already in someone’s cart.
This doesn’t mean the deal is sold out. If someone doesn’t complete his purchase, that quantity will immediately become available for someone else. Keep checking until the dreaded “Sold Out” appears.
I will be by my computer at 1 PM EST / 10 AM PST / 7 AM HST / (2 PM in Buenos Aires) to check out how these deals are selling. Do you plan to buy them? Post your successful or failed attempt in the comments, so we can gauge how quick you had to be to snag a deal.
Full Terms and Conditions for Two Nights at Omni Premier Hotels and Resorts for $337.50:
- This offer can be redeemed for a two (2) consecutive night stay valid for a Friday or Saturday check-in.
- Certificate applies to room and room tax only for two (2) consecutive nights. Guest is responsible for all other charges, incidentals, and gratuity.
- Certificate is valid for a standard room (single or double occupancy).
- This offer is only valid at the following locations: The Omni Chicago Hotel, The Omni San Francisco Hotel, The Omni La Mansion del Rio (San Antonio), The Omni Shoreham Hotel (Washington, D.C.), The Omni San Diego Hotel, The Omni Parker House (Boston), The Omni Los Angeles Hotel, The Omni Orlando Resort at ChampionsGate, The Omni Bedford Springs Resort (in the Cumberland Mountains of South Central Pennsylvania), The Omni Mount Washington Resort (Bretton Woods, New Hampshire), The Omni Amelia Island Plantation (Florida), and The Omni Hilton Head Oceanfront Resort (Hilton Head, SC)
- Subject to availability. Blackout dates apply and vary by property.
- Additional nights will be available at the prevailing rate.
- Cannot be combined with any other discounts or special offers.
- The certificate is non-transferable and is not redeemable for cash.
- Certificate expires December 30, 2013.
- All sales are final.
Editorial Disclaimer: The editorial content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the credit card issuers, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuers.
Earn 60,000 bonus American Airlines miles after spending $5,000 in the first three months on the Citi® / AAdvantage® Executive World Elite™ MasterCard®. Plus get American Airlines lounge access for you and guests. My full review of the card.