The Business Platinum Card from American Express is offering 150,000 bonus Membership Rewards after spending $20,000 in the first three months.
There is no application link, so you must apply by phone. To apply call 877-628-6736 and give offer code L081-994-816-5743. This offer code expires tomorrow May 15; the exact time is unknown. When you call, you may also be offered 100,000 bonus Membership Rewards after spending $10,000 in the first three months.
The publicly available offer is only 40,000 bonus points after spending $5,000 in the first three months. The online offer says: “Welcome bonus offer not available to applicants who have or have had this product within the last 12 months.” If the 150k offer is the same, you can get it as long as you cancelled your last AMEX Business Platinum more than 12 months ago.
- Sign Up Bonus: 150,000 bonus Membership Rewards after spending $20,000 in the first three months
- Membership Rewards transfer to more than a dozen airlines. My favorite partners: Singapore, Aeroplan, and Delta
- Category Bonuses: None. All spending earns 1x, so you shouldn’t put much spending on the card.
- Airline Fee Credit: $200 per calendar year to offset fees (not airfare like the Citi Prestige offers). Not designed to be used to purchase airline gift cards, but this does work.
- Lounge Access: Priority Pass Select Lounge membership (but no free guests like Citi Prestige offers) & free access to American Express Centurion lounges, which are far nicer than standard domestic airport lounges
- Status: Free SPG Gold Status
- Discounts: Automatic enrollment in American Express OPEN which has small discounts on many services business use
- Global Entry: $100 credit to offset application fee
- Annual Fee: $450, not waived
Yes, this is the best deal on the market by far if you spend more than $6,667 per month on credit cards or don’t mind manufacturing spending. But don’t feel pressured into biting off more than you can chew. There’s nothing wrong with only participating in this hobby by opening cards whose spending requirements you can easily meet with normal spending.
- To maximize the benefits of your new AMEX Platinum, make sure you read Get the Most Out of Your American Express Platinum and Business Platinum Cards
- Citi Prestige vs. American Express Platinum. Better Card?
Hat Tip Travel Codex