This card offer has expired so its links have been removed. Click here for the top current credit card sign up bonuses.
Citi is offering 60,000 bonus Hilton points after spending $1,000 in the first three months on the no-annual-fee Hilton HHonors card.
This offer also comes with:
- a $25 statement credit after spending $200 at National, Alamo, or Enterprise rent-a-car
- automatic Hilton Silver status;
- Hilton Gold status after four Hilton stays within 90 days of cardmembership
The landing page says the offer expires August 31, 2014.
There are two strategies to maximize Hilton’s program:
- Use Hilton points at Category 1 (5k points per night) and Category 2 (10k points per night) properties
- Use free night certificates at Category 9 and 10 properties
A few super readers put together a spreadsheet and map of where to find those properties that you can access here.
Follow one or both of those two strategies. Do NOT get this card with a points bonus to stay at top tier properties, which cost up to 95,000 Hilton points per night. This card is good only if you plan to use the points for bottom-tier Hiltons.
For top-tier Hiltons and automatic Gold status, you want the Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card with Two Free Weekend Nights at Hiltons worldwide after spending $2,500 in four months.
For a comparison of the no-annual-fee Hilton to the Hilton Reserve, see this post.