The Hilton 75k offer has expired. For the current top offers, click here.
You can pay your rent on Radpad via Android Pay with a credit card, now through the end of this year, completely FEE FREE.
For many people rent makes up a large portion of monthly spending, but they avoid processing it through any sort of application because of fees. The usual fee for using a credit card to pay rent on Radpad is 3.49%, so you’ll be saving a ton of money that won’t detract from your reward earning potential.
This is a fantastic way to be able to earn extra miles for the rest of the year without any fees. Think about all the minimum spending requirements you didn’t think you could meet!
Your landlord doesn’t even have to opt in to electronically receiving payment as RadPad simply sends them a check. Make sure to process the payment online with ample time for snail mail to arrive on time.
For Android Pay to work, you:
- must be running Android 4.4 or higher
- must have a NFC compatible device
The above two points are not big caveats. The bigger issue is that not all cards are supported on Android Pay. Below is a list of major banks’ cards that work with Android Pay (there are others listed here under the drop-down “Other Participating Banks”).
The big one missing is Chase. Sucks.
Also, no Citi AAdvantage cards nor Barclaycard. If anyone has had any experience successfully using those types of cards with Android Pay, let us know in the comments.
Meeting Minimum Spending Requirements
The way to maximize this promotion is definitely by funneling your extra spending power into new cards for sign-up bonuses.
Here are some cards that are supported by Android Pay with valuable sign-up bonuses:
- The Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Visa Signature® Card comes with 75,000 bonus points, automatic Hilton Silver status, and no annual fee after making $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening.
- The Citi Prestige® Card comes with the some of the best perks of any credit card and 40,000 ThankYou points after $4,000 in purchases made with your card in the first 3 months.
- The Citi® Hilton HHonors™ Reserve Card comes with two free weekend nights at Hiltons worldwide after spending $2,500 in the first four months.
- The Platinum Card from American Express Exclusively for Mercedes-Benz comes with 50,000 Membership Rewards after spending $3,000 in the first three months.
Not into the idea of a new card at the moment?
Then pick the reward earning card you already have that earns your highest valued mile and pay your rent with that. I don’t believe paying for rent on RadPad will qualify for any category bonus.
I tend to value transferrable point currencies higher than most individual miles because of the options they open up (Starpoints at 2.5 cents, Membership Rewards at 2 cents, and ThankYou Points at 1.9 cents), so if I was you and didn’t want to open a new card, I’d put my spending on a card that earned one of those. I left out Ultimate Rewards since Chase cards don’t work with Android Pay.
Through the end of this year, you can use your credit card to pay rent for no additional fee on Radpad via Android Pay.
Plastiq is another way to pay your rent with a credit card, and their everyday fee is 2.5%. This could be worth it sometimes, but if you have an Android device (or a trusted friend who might let you download RadPad and pay through theirs?), then you should definitely take advantage of the current fee-free promotion. That’s a lot of extra miles, especially if you funnel the spending into new cards for sign-up bonuses.