This giveway is over. Congratulations to the lucky winner, Lanita J. Williams!
I have two exciting bits of news:
#1: Today is my 30th birthday 🙂
#2: We are running a $100 Southwest Giveaway!
This week one lucky reader will win a $100 Southwest gift card. Southwest gift cards are fully transferable and don’t expire.
There are three ways to enter:
- Comment on this post.
- Follow us on Facebook.
- Follow us on Twitter and retweet this tweet:
GIVING AWAY A $100 GIFT CARD ON SOUTHWEST AIRLINES. FOLLOW AND RETWEET TO WIN. Then enjoy periodic tweets about traveling more, better, and cheaper! pic.twitter.com/4lenBMMM83
— MileValue (@MileValue) May 7, 2019
Some reasons why Southwest is awesome:
- You always get to fly with two checked bags for free. No other US carrier has that lenient of a domestic baggage policy.
- Flights booked with enough anticipation (or during frequent sales) can be super cheap, with points as well as cash.
- They have one of the best and most flexible change and cancellation policies.
- In general they tend to put customers first more than other US carriers.
- The Companion Pass offered by Southwest is one of the best deals in travel.
Each person can enter all three ways to triple their chances of winning. Make sure I can tell who you are across all platforms you decide to enter through. I’ll choose one winner from the entries this Friday, May 10, and notify the winner via email.
In a couple weeks I’m taking the ferry from Buenos Aires to Uruguay for a little happy 30th getaway with my boyfriend. Check out the Nido Treehouses (1, 2) on Airbnb. We’ll be staying in #1. These cute little houses overlooking a vineyard are just a 15 minute drive from the charming town of Colonia and fairly priced. The coast of the river is only a half hour walk.
I’ve been eyeing this property for a while as a potential easy weekend jaunt from the city. The owner makes his own bread, cheese, and jam and stocks the cozy casita with it. That’s my kind of celebration! Tranquility and good food. I’ll write a trip report when I’m back as I think these houses would be an ideal addition to a Buenos Aires trip for just about anybody.