The Citi /AAdvantage Platinum Select MasterCard and the CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard bonus are now each offering 30,000 American Airlines for spending $1,000 the card within three months of account opening.
Historically that is not a very high sign up bonus for either. Periodically Citi will raise the bonuses to 50k AAdvantage miles for spending $3,000 in three months, and not that long ago the public bonuses were 60,000 miles for each of the personal and business cards.
If you missed out on the public offers, there’s no need to fret. Doctor of Credit published a link to apply for the CitiBusiness / AAdvantage card with a 60k bonus for spending $3,000 in three months located by a reader. As of today, 8/17/17, the link is still live.
Quick Facts for the CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Card
- Sign Up Bonus: 60,000 bonus American Airlines miles after spending $3,000 on the card within three months of opening the account
- Category Bonuses: 2 American Airlines miles for every dollar spent on American Airlines purchases, telecommunications merchants, car rental merchants, and gas stations
- First checked bag is free on domestic American Airlines flights for the cardholder and four others on the same reservation
- Preferred Boarding on domestic American Airlines flights
- 25% off of in-flight food and beverages purchased on the card
- $99 companion certificate: If you spend $30,000 in a year on the card, you also get a $99 companion certificate for use within the continental United States.
- Access to American Airlines’s Reduced Mileage Awards
- No foreign transaction fees
- Annual fee: waived the first 12 months, $95 thereafter
- Eligibility: subject to Citi’s sign up bonus rule
We do get commissions when you sign up for some cards, but not this one. We just want you to be aware of the best deals.
If you signed up for lower sign up offer within the last 90 days, Citi has a pretty good track record of matching sign up bonuses to what’s currently available. Call the number on the back of your card or send a secure message through your online account–the sooner the better.
Apparently if you call Citi it’s possible to get matched to an even higher 75k bonus offer for the personal and business Citi AAdvantage cards. Looks like there are more data points for being matched to a 75k offer on the business card than the personal card.
People are reporting matches for simply letting the representative know that they saw an offer for a 75,000 mile bonus and asking nicely to be matched to it.
If you haven’t opened or closed a CitiBusiness / AAdvantage Platinum Select World MasterCard in the last 24 months, then now’s the time to apply for it as the bonus hasn’t ever been any higher than 60,000 miles. After applying try calling in and asking to be matched to 75,000 mile offer you saw online for kicks–you might just get an extra 15,000 miles.