Do you have an American Express credit card? If you do, are you aware that you may have the ability to share referral links with others that will earn you tons of bonus points?
In July of last year I published a post welcoming readers to share their American Express card referral links in the comments. Since many of the offers in the comments have expired, I decided to start fresh with a new thread. If you recently commented on the old referral thread, please add your info to the comments of this post so we can all have the latest referrals collected in one place. Thanks!
Checking For Referrals
Signing in here will take you to a landing page that should show any/all offers available for you to refer. You will be given the option to send your link via email by entering your friend or family’s email address, share your link on Facebook or Twitter, or you can simply copy and paste your personalized links to share how you wish.
You can also get your personalized referral links by signing into your Amex account and scrolling down below the statement balance, payment, and rewards boxes. In between those boxes and the section about recent transactions is the area where referral information pops up.
At the moment I hold two American Express credit cards, and I have referrals available for each:
- The Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card – 25,000 Starpoints for spending $3,000 on the card within three months of account opening. Expires 10/31/18.
- The Business Gold Rewards Card – 50,000 Membership Rewards for spending $5,000 on the card within three months of account opening. Expires 1/17/18.
Sometimes the referral offers are better than the public offers, and sometimes they’re the same. Both of my referral offers are the same as the public offers right now.
If you would like to help me out by signing up through my referral links, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can connect.
Leave Your Referral Info in Comments
If you’d like to share your referral link(s), feel free to in the comments. Please include:
- the specific Amex card and offer
- your email address so someone who is interested can contact you
- the expiration date of your offer (all referral links eventually expire–check when yours does by clicking the Refer Now box within your online account and then clicking the *Terms Apply hyperlink)
Everyone is capped at 55k bonus miles you can earn per year per card through referrals, so be kind enough to comment on your comment if you reach the limit so the points love can be spread elsewhere.
Don’t worry if your comment doesn’t publish immediately–you don’t need to comment again. If it’s your first time commenting on a MileValue post, I will have to approve the comment before it’s published for everyone to see.
If you’re sending a referral link through email….
Make sure the recipient has opted in to receiving marketing emails from American Express, or else they might not get your email. The following is from Amex terms regarding referrals:
“The friends you refer may not receive the referral email if they previously opted out of receiving email marketing communications from American Express, by pressing ‘SEND EMAIL’, you are directing American Express to send a referral email to your friend at the email you have provided and hereby authorize us to share your first name, last name, and status as an American Express Card Member within that email.”
Reminders About Amex Eligibility
- You can only get the bonus on an American Express card once per lifetime. However if you were targeted for an American Express offer, it is possible to still be approved (YMMV) even if you have had the card before.
- You are limited to holding four to five American Express credit cards. Both personal and business count toward this limit. (AMEX Everyday, Delta, and SPG are credit cards.)
- Separately, you are limited to holding four to five American Express charge cards. Both personal and business count toward this limit. (AMEX Platinum is a charge card.)
- If you’re on the verge and contemplating a fifth credit or charge card, read this post–you can apply basically risk-free.
BONUS: Interested in a 70k Delta mile bonus offer?
Mommy Points recently posted about a referral link she has for a Platinum Delta SkyMiles Card, issued by Amex, with a 70k redeemable mile/10k MQM mile bonus offer. The standard public offer right now is a measly 35k redeemable miles + 5k MQM miles, so go for the referral if you were thinking of opening the premium Delta card. You can help Mommy Points out by applying here.
If you opened a Delta Platinum Amex last year when the bonus was elevated to 70k, check to see if you have the same referral link available. Feel free to share it in the comments!
You can check for available referral bonuses by logging into your Amex online account. Share any and as many links you might have (or your email) below. Referrals are a great way to earn a significant amount of extra points each year.