You can earn 1k to 10k Virgin Atlantic miles for referring people to the program. This is especially valuable since 13k Virgin Atlantic miles is enough for a one way flight from New York to London.
Membership Rewards is offering a 20% bonus on transfers to Hawaiian miles through June 27.
Points Hound has a 100k Hawaiian Miles giveaway running through June 21.
Million United Mile Giveaway from Wyndham
Sign up for the million United miles sweepstakes here. One sign up enters you into four drawings for a quarter million United miles on July 15, July 29, August 12, and August 26, 2013.
Virgin Atlantic Referral Program
Virgin Atlantic is offering up to 10k miles when you refer a friend to join its Flying Club and that member flies Virgin Atlantic. How much you earn depends on what cabin their first roundtrip flight is in.
Unless your friends are much richer than mine, you’d probably earn 2k miles since they’d fly economy. (Little Red class is economy on intra-UK flights.)
Virgin Atlantic miles can be transferred to Hilton at a 1 mile to 2 points rate, or 13k Virgin Atlantic miles + $97 can get you a one way award from the US to the UK.
Here’s my referral link if you aren’t a member of Virgin Atlantic yet.
The way the program is set up on the site is that you are given a chance to email friends with the referral offer here.
I emailed the offer to myself and clicked on it, then I copied the URL from my browser to get my referral link above.
If you do the same thing, feel free to post your referral link in the comments for others to use.
Full info on the promo here.
20% Transfer Bonus from Membership Rewards to Hawaiian Miles
If you make a Membership Rewards to Hawaiian Miles transfer between now and June 27, you’ll get 1,200 miles for every 1,000 points transferred automatically.
Hawaiian Miles are good for a few things:
- Flights to Hawaii: Hawaiian has good award space and flies from the cities listed on wikipedia to Honolulu and Maui. Hawaiian charges 20k/40k each way in economy/first. Hawaiian economy is awesome with free wine and a meal. Awards to Hawaii actually price at only 17.5k Hawaiian Miles each way for me, which I think is because I had (but cancelled) the Hawaiian Airlines credit card. Hawaiian mainly flies to the west coast, but it also operates a daily New York-JFK to Honolulu direct flight. (From the west coast, you can fly American or Alaska to Hawaii for 12.5k Avios each way.)
- Flights from Hawaii to Tahiti, Auckland, Asia, and more. Hawaiian has good award space on some interesting routes. The problem is that if you start on the mainland and connect in Hawaii, these cost a lot of miles because they charge the mainland to Hawaii plus Hawaii to next place separately.
- Here is the Hawaiian award chart.
Points Hound 100k Hawaiian Miles Sweespstakes
Points Hound is having a sweepstakes to give away up to 100k Hawaiian Miles. To enter:
- Follow Points Hound on Twitter. (Follow me while you’re at it!)
- Every time PointsHound tweets something with the hash tag #winhawaii, retweet the tweet to gain entry into the sweepstakes
- You may enter up to three times between now and June 21.
- At the end of the sweepstakes, one winner will be picked at random and will win between 25k and 100k Hawaiian Miles. The amount will be determined by this formula: 25k + (10 * total retweets during sweepstakes) with a maximum of 100k miles won if the sweepstakes attracts 7,500+ retweets.
Editorial Disclaimer: The editorial content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the credit card issuers, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuers.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve comes with 100,000 bonus Ultimate Rewards after spending $4,000 in the first three months that you can transfer to United miles, Singapore miles, Southwest points, British Airways miles, or use for 1.5 cents each toward any flight, hotel, or car rentals.
Plus the card offers $300 in credits toward any travel purchase each calendar year, which is $600 in your first 12 months of cardmembership, $100 toward Global Entry, and worldwide lounge access. Basically it's the best credit card ever, even with a $450 annual fee.