The current sign up bonus that comes with the Chase Sapphire Reserve Card when you apply online, 100,000 Ultimate Rewards after spending $4,000 on the card within three months of opening it, will drop to 50,000 Ultimate Rewards for the same spending requirement this Thursday, January 12.
The 100k bonus for $4k in spending bonus will remain for applications in person at a Chase branch through March 11.
This is not a surprise. You’ve been hearing it from us as well as probably every other blogger–the Sapphire Reserve’s sign up bonus is too good to be true. The Points Guy confirmed the news yesterday.
The Sapphire Reserve was far and away the best travel credit card offer of 2016…
- Sign Up Bonus: 100,000 Ultimate Rewards after $4,000 in spending in the first three months
- Statement Credits: First $300 in travel purchases each calendar year are offset (can get $600 in travel statement credits before second annual fee is due); $100 Global Entry or $85 TSA Precheck Credit
- Category Bonuses: 3x on travel and restaurants
- Value of Ultimate Rewards: Worth 1.5 cents toward the purchase of any airfare or may other travel purchase OR can be transferred to seven airlines and four hotels for higher value
- Lounge Access: Priority Pass Select Membership means free access to 900+ airport lounges worldwide
- Global Acceptance: Visa, chip technology, and no foreign transaction fees
- Annual Fee: $450
- Eligibility: Subject to Chase 5/24 Rule
Sign up now (or January 11 at the latest) if you are considering the Sapphire Reserve. We value Ultimate Rewards at 2 cents each when transferred to airline partners, making the current sign up bonus worth roughly $2,000. Come next week, the value of that sign up bonus will be cut in half.