Do you have an American Express credit card? If you do, are you aware that you may have the ability to share referral links with others that will earn you tons of bonus points?
Checking For Referrals
Signing in here will take you to a landing page that should show any/all offers available for you to refer.
However, that page will only give you the option to send a referral link through email. If you simply want the URL, then sign into your Amex account and scroll down below the statement balance, payment, and rewards boxes. In between those boxes and the section about recent transactions is the area where referral information pops up.
At the moment I hold two American Express credit cards, and I have referrals available for each:
- The Starwood Preferred Guest Credit Card – 25,000 Starpoints for spending $3,000 on the card within three months of account opening. Expires 10/31/17.
- The Business Gold Rewards Card – 50,000 Membership Rewards for spending $5,000 on the card within three months of account opening. Expires 8/22/17.
Sometimes the referral offers are better than the public offers. Sometimes they’re the same as the public offers. Both of my referral offers are the same as the public offers.
If you would like to help me out by signing up through my referral links, email me at firstname.lastname@example.org and we can connect.
Leave Your Referral Info in Comments
If you’d like to share your referral link(s), feel free to in the comments. Please include:
- the specific Amex card and offer
- your email address so someone who is interested can contact you
- the expiration date of your offer (all referral links eventually expire–check when yours does by clicking the Refer Now box within your online account and then clicking the *Terms Apply hyperlink)
Everyone is capped at 55k bonus miles you can earn per year per card through referrals, so be kind enough to comment on your comment if you reach the limit so the points love can be spread elsewhere.
Don’t worry if your comment doesn’t publish immediately–you don’t need to comment again. If it’s your first time commenting on a MileValue post, I will have to approve the comment before it’s published for everyone to see.
If you’re sending a referral link through email….
Make sure the recipient has opted in to receiving marketing emails from American Express, or else they might not get your email. The following is from Amex terms regarding referrals:
“The friends you refer may not receive the referral email if they previously opted out of receiving email marketing communications from American Express, by pressing ‘SEND EMAIL’, you are directing American Express to send a referral email to your friend at the email you have provided and hereby authorize us to share your first name, last name, and status as an American Express Card Member within that email.”
Reminders About Amex Eligibility
- You can only get the bonus on an American Express card once per lifetime. However if you were targeted for an American Express offer, it is possible to still be approved (YMMV) even if you have had the card before.
- You are limited to holding four to five American Express credit cards. Both personal and business count toward this limit. (AMEX Everyday, Delta, and SPG are credit cards.)
- Separately, you are limited to holding four to five American Express charge cards. Both personal and business count toward this limit. (AMEX Platinum is a charge card.)
- If you’re on the verge and contemplating a fifth credit or charge card, read this post–you can apply basically risk-free.
You can check for available referral bonuses by logging into your Amex online account. Feel free to share any links you might have (or your email) below. Referrals are a great way to earn a significant amount of extra points each year.