The public offer for the Business Gold Rewards card from American Express is 50,000 Membership Rewards for spending $5,000 on the card within three months of opening the account. This is a very solid bonus historically, the highest we’ve seen on a public offer for the card. That’s significant because you can only get the bonus on a card’s public offer once per lifetime.
Doctor of Credit, however, has reported on a targeted offer for the Business Gold Rewards Card that’s even better: 75,000 Membership Rewards for spending the same amount of $5,000 in three months.
Make sure you’re signed into your American Express online account before opening the window. There’s no guarantee you will see the 75k offer as this is TARGETED, but you might. I did.
If you’re taken to a screen that reads “We’re sorry, but our systems are currently down. Please consider applying by phone by calling 1-800-519-OPEN, or try again later after exploring our current offers” then you’re not targeted.
Also notice how the application must be received before June 1 to qualify, so it looks like we’ll see this targeted offer stick around until then.
Perhaps even more interestingly, nowhere in the terms and limitations of this offer does it mention ineligibility if you have received the bonus on the same card before. Usually somewhere in the terms of Amex card offers, it will say something along the lines of…
But check out the offer terms for this 75k offer (screenshot from my own personal targeted offer):
Targeted offers are known as the one loophole to getting a bonus on an American Express offer more than once in a lifetime.
Below is a quick refresher of the benefits the card comes with. Not sure you can sign up for business credit cards? Read How to Be Approved for Business Credit Cards.
- Public Sign Up Bonus: Earn 50,000 bonus Membership Rewards after spending $5,000 on your card in the first 3 months the account is open
- Current Targeted Offer: Earn 75,000 bonus Membership Rewards after spending $5,000 on your card in the first three months the account is open
- Category Bonuses: You’ll get 3x Membership Rewards on one category of your choice out of five choices (for example, airfare is one of them), 2X Membership Rewards on the four remaining categories, and 1 Membership Reward per dollar spent on all other purchases.
- 3X and 2X category bonuses apply to the first $100,000 in purchases in each of the five categories per year, 1X point per dollar thereafter
- Value of Membership Rewards: Membership Rewards can be transferred to 17 airline miles and 3 hotel points or used like cash toward the purchase of any flight at a rate of 1 cent per point. I value Membership Rewards at 2 cents each, and I would not use them like cash toward the purchase of a flight.
- Global Acceptance: Chip technology and no foreign transaction fee
- Annual fee: waived for the first year, then $175
- Eligibility: American Express once in a lifetime bonus rule
- Eligibility for Current Targeted Offer: As long you as you can bring up the 75k offer, there’s a good chance you can be approved for it even if you have had this card and earned the sign up bonus on it before since the “once in a lifetime” language on the targeted offer page is missing
- This is a charge card, not a credit card. There is no credit limit, but you are expected to pay your balance in full each month.
Click here to see if you’re targeted for the 75k for $5k spending offer on the Business Gold Rewards Card from American Express. It even appears as though you can qualify for this bonus despite already having earned a bonus on the card before.
According to DOC, this is the highest (non-public) bonus for the Business Gold Rewards, for the least spend, that he’s seen.
Credit card links have been removed from posts and added to the menu bar at the top of every page of MileValue under the heading Top Travel Credit Cards.