This card offer has expired so its links have been removed. Click here for the top current credit card sign up bonuses.
The public offer on The US Airways® Premier World MasterCard® is now 40,000 bonus miles after first purchase!
The card has also added a free checked bag for you and four companions on domestic US Airways flights.
Here’s the US Airways award chart for roundtrip awards, which contains a number of absolutely unbeatable gems.
Some of my favorite awards:
- 120k roundtrip in First Class to North Asia
- 90k roundtrip in Business and 120k in First from Central America to South & Central Asia
- 100k roundtrip to Europe in Business and 125k in First
- 110k roundtrip to Australia or New Zealand in business
- 70k roundtrip to Africa in economy and 110k in business
- 50k roundtrip in three-cabin first class from New York to San Francisco or Los Angeles on American Airlines
- Check out this post for a comparison of US Airways award chart to its competitors’. You’ll see it is the cheapest out there.
US Airways Partners
US Airways has one of the best rosters of partners in the world including all of the oneworld alliance and almost a dozen partners from the Star Alliance. US Airways partners cover every continent in the world, and I’ve put my favorites in bold:
- Air China
- Air New Zealand
- Ethiopian Airlines
- Shenzhen Airlines
- Singapore Airlines
- South African Airways
- Turkish Airways
- American Airlines
- British Airways
- Cathay Pacific
- Japan Airlines
- Malaysia Airlines
- Qatar Airways
- Royal Jordanian
- S7 Airlines
- SriLankan Airlines (starting May 1, 2014)
Don’t forget, as I reported yesterday, that US Airways does NOT collect fuel surcharges on award flights on British Airways, which makes US Airways miles by far the most attractive to book British Airways flights.
US Airways Routing Rules
There are none. Just kidding, sort of.
You get one stopover and one open jaw per roundtrip US Airways awards. You can generally route any way you want to get from your origin to your destination as long as you keep the total segments for the roundtrip to 10 or fewer.
That means you can route through Europe to Asia, through Asia to Australia, or even through Europe and Asia to Australia.
If flying premium cabins is a pleasure for you, these lax routing rules allow for an incredible number of longhaul flights on a single award.
To maximize US Airways’ routing rules, hire the MileValue Award Booking Service to plan and book your award for you.
Topping Up Your Balance
If the 40,000 bonus miles on the US Airways MasterCard isn’t enough for the award of your dream, US Airways miles are really easy to acquire in bulk.
You can get 25,000 more after first purchase from the US Airways Business Card, you can usually buy the miles every other month for 1.88 cents each, and “Share Miles” promos occasionally allow you to purchase them for 1.13 cents each. You can also transfer Starpoints at a 1:1 ratio with a 5,000 mile bonus for every 20,000 Starpoints transferred.
I think everyone should get the US Airways card, since US Airways miles are the most valuable miles, and there is no minimum spending requirement on earning the card’s 40,000 bonus miles.
Full offer details:
The US Airways® Premier World MasterCard®
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles after your first purchase and payment of the $89 annual fee*
- First checked bag FREE on eligible bags for you and up to four companions on domestic US Airways operated flights
- One companion certificate good for up to 2 guests to travel with you on a US Airways operated flight at $99 each, plus taxes and fees
- Priority boarding Zone 2 on US Airways operated flights
- Redeem miles for award travel on US Airways and American Airlines booked through usairways.com or US Airways Reservations
- Earn miles on every purchase with 2 miles for every $1 you spend on US Airways purchases and 1 mile for every $1 on purchases everywhere else
- Please see terms and conditions for complete details
Application Link: The US Airways® Premier World MasterCard®