I earn a commission for some links on this blog. Citi is a MileValue partner.
This is the final post in a monthlong beginners’ series that started here.
You did it! You passed Miles Collecting 101. You should now have the basic tools to accrue millions of miles through credit card sign up bonuses mainly, but also manufactured spending, online shopping, dining, flying cheap paid fares, and many other ways.
So what’s next?
Your mileage education is never complete. There’s always something more you can learn, so check back daily at this blog, and sign up to receive one free daily email every morning with all of the day’s posts. You should now have the basics down and can understand the more complicated posts.
Keep up with your new hobby, and maybe I’ll see you at the front of the plane in the flying bed across the aisle from mine. It’s your turn to enjoy Free First Class
Next Month This Month.
Here is a link to every post in the series in case you missed one. Reading the whole thing should take less than hour.
Free First Class Next Month 2014: Table of Contents
- The Beginners Guide to Frequent Flyer Miles and Points (Introduction)
- Signing Up For Travel Loyalty Programs and Award Wallet
- Introduction to Travel Credit Cards
- Best Current Credit Card Offers
- Transferable Points Program Basics
- Earning Miles from Flying
- Shopping Portals
- Manufactured Spending
- You Can Earn Miles Doing Anything
- Don’t Let Your Miles Expire
- Airline Mile and Hotel Point Redemption Basics
- Airline Hubs, Alliances, and Award Search Engines
- Basics of Redeeming American Airlines Miles
- Basics of Redeeming United Miles
- Basics of Redeeming Delta Miles
- Basics of Redeeming US Airways Miles
- Basics of Redeeming British Airways Avios
- Basics of Redeeming Alaska Airlines Miles
- Basics of Redeeming Southwest, JetBlue, Virgin America, and Frontier Miles
- Basics of Redeeming Singapore, Aeroplan, Flying Blue, ANA, Lufthansa, and Korean Miles
- How to Book Complicated Awards with Segment-by-Segment Searching and Wikipedia
- How to Pick the Best Seat with Seat Guru
- Setting Kayak Price Alerts to Always Pay the Lowest Price for Flights
- Basics of ITA Matrix to Find Cheap Flights and Fuel Surcharge Info
- Should You Chase Status?
- Cheapskate Lodging with Hotel Promos, Hostels, airbnb, and CouchSurfing
- Name Your Own Price on Priceline to Save Hundreds on Hotels
- Cancelling Cards
- The End
Here are some other good beginners’ posts and resources while you’re at it:
- Free Credit Card Consultation
- MileValue Award Booking Service
- Searching United.com to Redeem United other Star Alliance Miles
- Searching AA.com to Redeem American Airlines/US Airways Miles
- Searching BA.com to Redeem American Airlines/US Airways Miles
- Searching Qantas.com to Redeem American Airlines/US Airways Miles
- Searching Delta.com to Redeem Delta Miles
- Searching Expert Flyer to Redeem Delta Miles
- Searching AirFrance.us to Redeem Delta Miles