Today is the first day of the second week of five weeks of discounted travel packages sponsored by the US Travel Association and American Express called Daily Getaways.
Every weekday at 1 PM ET, a discounted travel package or packages will go on sale and will usually sell out in a few minutes. Some of the offers will be awesome; some will be duds.
Today’s deal is discounted hotel-dinner-show packages from various MGM Resorts hotels on the Las Vegas Strip.
How can you get in on the deal?
All Daily Getaways packages are discounted. And you get an additional 10% off each sale price by paying with an American Express, so that’s a no-brainer, and I’ll always quote prices after the American Express discount.
Prices range from $300.50 for a two night package at New York-New York to $1,390.50 for a two night package in the SKYLOFTS at MGM Grand. Quantities range from 20 for the cheaper packages to six for the more expensive packages, so these deals will sell out in moments!
These deals are similar to the deals last week sold by Caesars Entertainment, MGM’s main rival in Vegas. I bought the cheapest package during that sale, so I’ll be sitting this one out. Today’s deals are better for people who enjoy fancy dinners, shows, and understand that the resort fees are not included in the packages.
For the New York-New York package: “Within 7 to 10 business days of purchase, you will receive a certificate via U.S. Mail to the shipping address provided at purchase. This certificate will include contact information for whom to call for help in arranging all the details of your stay. The New York-New York will arrange all package components for you (room, dinner and show tickets).”
Stays must be completed by 12/28/13.
The New York-New York $300.50 package includes two nights in a Spa Suite, which are going for about $500 on a random weekend this October.
The package also include a $150 credit for dinner for two at Gallagher’s Steakhouse and two tickets to Zumanity (the racy Cirque du Soleil show).
The package does not include $45 in resort fees, transportation to/from the airport, or airfare.
I think most people who like Vegas would easily get double the value of the $300 cost.
The pricier packages are also a great deal if you have the money. Here’s Mommy Points’ write up on her Mirage package that she bought during last year’s Daily Getaways.
Purchasing the Packages
To maximize your chances of getting in on the deal, I recommend using a site like whattimeisit.com to figure out the official time. This year’s sales have all started on time to the second. Keep refreshing for the best chance.
This is what happens if you try to purchase something where all quantities are already in someone’s cart.
This doesn’t mean the deal is sold out. If someone doesn’t complete his purchase, that quantity will immediately become available for someone else. Keep checking until the dreaded “Sold Out” appears.
I will be by my computer at 1 PM EST / 10 AM PST / 7 AM HST / (2 PM in Buenos Aires) to check out how these deals are selling. Do you plan to buy them? Post your successful or failed attempt in the comments, so we can gauge how quick you had to be to snag a card.
New York-New York package terms:
- At least one (1) person in the party must be twenty-one (21) years of age or older to redeem this package. Any minors must be accompanied by a parent or guardian.
- Accommodations include two (2) consecutive nights in a Spa Suite (double occupancy). Room and tax included. Guest is responsible for $18.00 plus tax daily resort fee and any other incidental charges.
- Two (2) Tickets to Zumanity™ by Cirque du Soleil™ are available subject to the show’s performance schedule. Zumanity™ is not playing on Wednesdays and Thursdays. Seating is reserved in the optimal viewing rows reserved for VIPs, excludes love seats. Attendees to this show must be 18 years of age or older.
- Dinner for two (2) at Gallagher’s Steakhouse. A maximum credit of $150 can be used towards food and all beverages during one visit. Excludes gratuity. Any amount exceeding $150 is the responsibility of the guest.
- Offer available through December 28, 2013. Subject to availability.
- This offer is non-transferable and not redeemable for cash.
- There are no substitutions for any element within this package.
- All sales are final.
Editorial Disclaimer: The editorial content is not provided or commissioned by the credit card issuers. Opinions expressed here are author’s alone, not those of the credit card issuers, and have not been reviewed, approved or otherwise endorsed by the credit card issuers.
The Chase Sapphire Reserve comes with 100,000 bonus Ultimate Rewards after spending $4,000 in the first three months that you can transfer to United miles, Singapore miles, Southwest points, British Airways miles, or use for 1.5 cents each toward any flight, hotel, or car rentals.
Plus the card offers $300 in credits toward any travel purchase each calendar year, which is $600 in your first 12 months of cardmembership, $100 toward Global Entry, and worldwide lounge access. Basically it's the best credit card ever, even with a $450 annual fee.