Many of the offers originally published below have expired and been removed. Click here for the rest of the top current credit card sign up bonuses.
When signing up for a rewards card, I think there are four factors to consider:
- What is the value of the sign up bonus?
- What is value of putting my pattern of spending on the card? (category bonuses and the value of the base point earned)
- What are the benefits of holding the card? (lounge access, free checked bags, discounted awards, etc)
- When is the deal disappearing?
All things equal, you should apply for a card with a limited time sign up bonus over one that is stable. You can get the stable card next time.
With so much excitement around the now-certain American Airlines/US Airways merger and the pending disappearance of the US Airways Premier World MasterCard, I thought it would be useful to compile a list of other cards offers that are soon to disappear.
What are the top ten credit card offers that are about to disappear? When are they disappearing? And how much worse will the upcoming offers be?
I don’t have inside information on when credit card offers will end, and I certainly don’t know for sure what the new offers will be. All the information on this list is compiled based on cards’ historical sign up bonuses and my best guesses. I’ve ordered the list by how much I would expect someone to lose by waiting until it’s too late to get the best current offer.
Nothing in this post should be construed as a suggestion to apply for a credit card now, or a guarantee that the offer will drop in the future. Don’t rush to get a card if you can’t meet its minimum spending requirement or use it responsibly. You are responsible for decisions that affect your credit.
1. US Airways Premier World MasterCard® with 50,000 US Airways miles after first purchase
2. Citi ThankYou® Premier Rewards Card
- Earn up to 50,000 bonus ThankYou® Points. Bonus points are redeemable for up to $500 in gift cards, up to $625 for airfare or other great rewards. Earn 20,000 points after $2,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of account opening. Earn an additional 30,000 points after another $3,000 in purchases within the first 3 months of your second year of being a cardmember.
- Previous offer had been 30k ThankYou points
- No end date known for current offer. Missing it could cost you 20k bonus ThankYou points, worth $250 in free travel.
- My full review of the ThankYou Premier card
Application Link: Citi ThankYou® Premier Rewards Card
3. Barclaycard Arrival Plus™ World Elite MasterCard® with 40,000 miles after spending $3k in the first three months.
- Earn 40,000 bonus miles after you spend $3,000 on purchases in the first 90 days — that’s enough to redeem for a $400 travel statement credit
- Earn 2X miles on all purchases
- Get 5% miles back to use toward your next redemption, every time you redeem
- Chip card technology, so paying for your purchases is more secure at chip-card terminals in the U.S. and abroad
- No foreign transaction fees on anything you buy while in another country
- 0% introductory APR for 12 months for each Balance Transfer made within 45 days of account opening. After that, a variable APR will apply, currently 16.24% or 20.24%, depending on your creditworthiness.
- Complimentary online FICO® Credit Score access for Barclaycard Arrival cardmembers